Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

That feeing when...

That feeling when....

...work has been so crazy this week you are still working on the blog post about the 5 races you did in 3 days this past weekend but you can't stop thinking about those awesome running shorts you wore for the marathon that had the huge pockets and bright colors for days:

Shorts SO AWESOME

...your legs are still feeling those crazy long bridges from two of those races:

Bridge: Officially crazy.

...you lifted weights for this first time in about a month and it was pretty much an animal free-for-all:




...when you have every intention of running the 5 easy miles on your Runner's World plan outside this morning but a nice flash of lightning minutes after you get out of bed forces you to the treadmill and yet another throng of animals:

My treadmill calls all the animals to my legs.

...when you're falling asleep posting stupid pictures and sentences on your blog and you realize it's time to freaking go to bed.  

Sleep.  Buh.

Before sleep gets me here are some learnings:
  • I have cut out a lot of processed carbs from my diet and I'm blaming my pseudo-narcalepsy squarely on that.  
  • There will be a blog post about my Flying Pig Marathon weekend; I just have to be able to stay awake long enough to finish it once of these nights.
  • And there will always be animals in my workout area.  I've resigned myself to this now.
  • I'm also resigned to owning more of those running shorts because they're freaking AWESOME.

Tomorrow's workout: 5 more easy miles.  This run plan has lots of easy, and I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment