Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Today's Tempo Tidbits

Tidbit #1: This is the first training run around my house at 5 AM-ish in 2018 that I was able to do in short sleeves.  Unfortunately, I did it in this pink and purple monstrosity.

This outfit says "I got dressed in the dark."

Tidbit #2: This morning's run was a tempo run that the Runner's World app said was between 5 and 6 miles but this must be the new math or something because, for me, it only came out to about 4.5 miles.




Tidbit #3: Large dog is the WORST at mid-run selfies.  Like really.  The worst.





Tidbit #4: We ran those middle 2 miles way too fast.  Keeping the streak alive.




Tidbit #5: No matter how well large dog and I run, there will always be a cat that is unimpressed.

The unimpressed-o-meter is at full tilt.

And now, for some learning tidbits:

  • Again, I'm digging the workouts in the Runner's World app, but it seems there are some basic glitches that need to be fixed before that $60.00 I paid for the app is worth the money.
  • How nice of a morning was it for a tempo run? SUPER NICE.
  • I hate pink.  I especially hate pink race shirts.
  • You know what I hate even more?  When a race has different colors for the men and women's finisher shirts and the women's shirts are pink...because 1950s.  Make them all pink then, dammit.
  • Female cat has got crazy unimpressed skillz.  You can tell.


Tomorrow's workout: An easy 4-miler.  At 4 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment