Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, December 21, 2017

A lame post just to keep my blogging habit alive. And some race medals.

I took a rest day today.  It was forced upon me by my own body.  Here's how it went down:

1) Put Cathe circuit DVD in player and press "play."
2) Start workout, successfully completing the warmup.
3) Do the first upper body weight exercise and realize that all of your upper body muscles are all NOPE from the prior workouts this week
4) Shut off DVD and cry.

Well, there wasn't really any crying.  But I wanted to, though, especially when the pain hit on my back flys (flys? flies? ugh).  Since Thursdays are going to be an easy 3-mile run day anyway when I start training again, I wasn't especially upset.

Because today is such a boring workout day, I thought I would spice up this post by talking about some of my fave race medals again.  Some are repeats from my previous post, but they're so nice you can look at them twice.



Why are these medals special to me?  Let me count the ways:

  • One of them is from a race in which I actually WON out of all of the women....so what if there were only 5 women in the race.
  • One of them is SPACE-THEMED and allowed me to dip my feet in an ocean in late November.
  • One of them is a huge Ohio.  Huge.
  • One of them is a medal from a very hilly St. Louis marathon where I improved my time by over 20 minutes from the previous year, if I remember correctly.
  • One of them is just a cool freaking belt buckle that I will never actually wear as a belt buckle.
  • And one of them is from the second ultra marathon (a 50K) I ran that I did not train for yet got a better time than I thought I would.

People always ask me why I keep all my medals, seeing as they don't really do much after I get them except take up space.  Well, each medal is a memory and, seeing as how I'm not getting any younger, I gotta hang on to my memories as long as I can.

And plus, you know...bling.  It's all about the bling.  That's why we run, right?


No more bling pictures, just learnings below:

  • Bling is why I run.  I don't know about anyone else.  Maybe for silly things like "health" and "fitness."
  • This post is sadly short because the hubbs is demanding I go wrap his Xmas presents before Christmas Day.  So demanding.
  • It's also short because it's way past my sadly early bedtime.
  • Honesty time: I just slapped this post together to keep my blogging habit alive until my next training cycle.  


Tomorrow's workout: We're going to try that boot camp workout again, this time hopefully without my muscles mutinying.  






No comments:

Post a Comment