Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, December 28, 2017

A post in four parts: some running, expensive cheese sandwiches, and cats on treadmills.

Part 1: This morning it was freaking cold outside (2 degrees) so I got dressed for summer and headed down to my treadmill.



Part 2: My goal was to do a 3 mile run with the last two at a 9:30 pace....so a small-ish marathon pace-ish tempo.  Since I always have a hard time running anything that looks like a tempo on a treadmill, the fact that I actually managed to do it was a win for me this morning.

ZOMG this run wasn't THAT big of a deal. Calm down.

Part 3: This cat jumped on my treadmill during my cool down while I was walking at 3.0 mph and it ended with the rest of my zoo checking to see if he was OK after he slid off the back end.

Hyooman.  No need to put this morning's incident on your blog.

Part 4: My eating today was pretty good; no second trip to Starbucks again today (two times in a row - woot) and when I went to Jimmy John's for dinner I didn't eat my usual bag of 300-calorie bag of chips.  Instead I had my usual veggie-no-avo on wheat, which is not really a veggie sandwich but a really expensive cheese sandwich.

Cheese + lots of mayo = give them all your money.


Learnings coming atcha:

  • It's always summer on the treadmill.  Dress like it.
  • Male cat likes to get rubs after the treadmill stops.  Apparently, today he just couldn't wait for that darn treadmill to come to a complete stop.
  • I have 10 fingers.  You can fact-check that statement by counting them in the second picture.
  • I also have man-sized hands.  It's my cross to bear.
  • How does Jimmy John's get away with charging so much for a cheese sandwich?  Sheesh.


Tomorrow's workout: Probably an easy run.  Or maybe this little Cathe HiiT workout gem I've been saving for a while...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment