Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

My strength training workout this morning: Here are the facts.

Here are the facts:

  • I did Cathe's Lift It, HiiT It: Chest, Triceps, & Shoulders workout this morning, which is the sister workout to the back, biceps, and shoulders workout I did two days ago.
  • This workout is set up exactly the same as the previous workout: Three sets of three exercises per body part, with a "finisher" exercise after each set of three for what can only be torture
  • Well, there are finisher moves unless you pick a premix that excludes them, like I did (I had abs after each body part)
  • So many chest presses.  So, so many.  WHY CATHE


I just...no more chest presses.

  • But so, so much barbell.  Awesome.




  • The shoulder exercises were much, much tougher than the sister workout.  Like "lift this heavy barbell over your head many many times" hard.
  • When I went to do planks after the last set of triceps exercises, my arm was all "NOPE not going to be straight for you AT ALL"
  • I still enjoyed the workout.  Except for the chest presses.


Learnings below:

  • I don't have a ton of time to post to today, so you just get bullet points galore with some stupid pictures.
  • I want to include these workouts in my marathon training cycle, but I also want to do total body two days a week.  I'm still working it all out.
  • Oh, I'm going to run a little too in my next training cycle.  In case you think I forgot about that.
  • Chest presses are better than push-ups.  But only by a little.
  • Did you find the cat in that last picture?  I bet you did.


Tomorrow's workout: Some running.  Hoping for four miles with large dog if it's warm enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment