Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Winter, PB pie, and Large Dog makes a mockery of my weight workout

Remember how yesterday I was running with large dog and there was no snow on the ground?  Well, today is a little different.

Welcome to my front yard and all of the stuff the hubbs puts in it.

Hey Winter.  Nice of you to show up.

Because of the snow and because of the fact that I ran yesterday and a run wasn't on tap for today, I did a total body weight workout (my usual Cathe Total Body Giant Sets), where I found out that my hammies were more sore from yesterday's run than I realized.  But it was nice to get in some leg work, use a nice heavy barbell again, and get my bicep curls in whilst a dog snoozed in the background.



For my ab workout, I did something a little different--I did the second bonus abs workout on Cathe's Ripped with HiiT series workout DVDs.



This ab workout kicks you in the...well...abs right out of the gate and just doesn't let up.  I was burning by the fourth exercise, and I honestly don't know how I made it to the end.  She does do a bike maneuver with a twist that requires some coordination (which I lack), and I was worried at one point I would flail about and disturb the large dog snoozing next to me.  You can all rest easy knowing that it didn't happen, and that large dog continued to rest easy during the entire ab workout.

This woman is constantly working out in my napping area.


So, what about my eating?  Well, it was OK today.  It didn't help that it was (and still is as of the time I am writing this) Xmas Eve and hubbs was all "hey can you, like, do some Xmas baking before Xmas gets here or something?" so I had to make a peanut butter pie and, in the process, consume whatever was left of the pie filling (PB and cream cheese) in the mixing bowl because wasting food is a no-no.



However, I counteracted all that yummy goodness with food filled with something called "nutrition" during the rest of the day.



I had my usual oatmeal, Nutrisystem muffins (yum), those carrots and string cheese you see up there, a PB & J sandwich, and leftover beef and broccoli when not sucking down excess pie filling.  All that counteracts all that pie filling, right?  Right.


Post is over; learnings are coming:

  • Gosh, I'm so looking forward to 15-20 mile runs in the snow and cold where I have to worry about frostbite.
  • That Cathe workout I did today has a lot of one-legged squat variations and I fully expect glutes of incredible soreness tomorrow, seeing as I have not done this workout in about a month.
  • I also expect abs of soreness.  That ab workout was no joke, kids.
  • Large dog pretty much made a mockery of my workout by sleeping right through it.
  • This eating thing will not get better until all of the junk is out of my house.
  • Aren't you happy that this is the only set of bullet points in this post?  Merry Xmas.


Tomorrow's workout:  A 3-4 mile run, but I will probably do some 2-minute pickups in the middle miles to get back into the speedwork groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment