Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Two days of workouts amid way too many pictures in one post.

I really meant to post last night about my my weight workout (Cathe's Lift It, HiiT It: Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders) and how sore I was and how my triceps were literally crying every time I tried to do stupid things like "move" and "lift things with my arms," but I got about 3 sentences in and promptly fell asleep in my recliner at around 8 PM and that's where I stayed for the rest of the night.

I guess my exhaustion from my work week set my priorities for me last night. Here's the picture I was going to post from my workout, being diligently supervised as per usual.





Anyway, today's workout was a 10 mile run, seeing as how my marathon training cycle starts Monday and next Saturday I have a 13 miler on tap.  However, if you live in America right now, you'll notice that it's a tad chillier than normal in most areas.  In our area the high today was a scalding 2 degrees above zero with 15 mph winds, so the hubbs forbade me to run outside and I ended up getting that 10 miler done on my treadmill.  Not bad for my last run of 2017.


My Garmin recorded an extra half mile and my pace as way faster than it really was, mainly because I am lazy and have never calibrated the thing for the treadmill.  I ran an even 10 according to the treadmill, and to survive I ran three sets of 1 mile easy, 2 miles at marathon-ish pace.  I also watched a Star Trek Movie (one of the new ones) to get my mind off my suffering because Star Trek is awesome and I will not hear any other opinion on that matter.



Afterwards, the cat came for his usual post-treadmill visit, but he was apparently so disappointed in me and my run for some reason he couldn't even look me in the eye.

This could just be a cat game of "made you look."

Oh well.  I'll have to do better (at whatever I did wrong in his cat's eyes) next time.  At least he gave me some feedback; this is what small dog was doing the entire time I was running those 10 miles.

He's being exhausted for me.

So how was the eating over the past two days?  Pretty good.  I had some wins...and a few losses.  I may have lost a few battles, but I feel like I won the war.  If the war was only two days long and I slept through 9.5 hours of it, that is. Here are some highlights:

1) I managed to have carrots and water instead of eating all of the potato chips in the house.

Large dog approves.  And he also wants carrots.

2) I got tired of eating nothing but raw carrot sticks for my veggies and started sauteing a whole frying pan full of veggies at 10:30 AM this morning.



3) I ate more chocolate squares I got for Xmas because they were peppermint brownie flavored and how was I supposed to know if they were any good unless I ate some?

4) I tried out a new crock pot chili recipe that had nothing but recognizable ingredients in it and it was pretty freaking awesome.  And made my house smell amazing.



Like I said, overall the eating wins totaled more than my losses.  Cooking at home is a huge, huge thing for me, and I'm working on re-training my inner sugar addict.  Because the last time that addict was in charge, I looked like this:



And the moment you've been waiting for-the learnings:

Only one learning: It's hard to blog with large dog in your lap.  But I sucked it up, buttercup, for all of you guys and gals.



Tomorrow's workout:  A nice total body workout before the marathon training begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment