Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A partially supervised workout and some small eating wins.

My post is a bit delayed tonight because I had things to do after work.  Like drive home and see this sign.

I take exception to this sign.

Anyway, let's go back to the start of the day, when I was doing Cathe's Lift It, HiiT It: Back, Biceps & Shoulders workout.  Remember, that's the same workout that left me almost incapacitated last week, so of course I decided to whip that sucker out again this morning.  This time I had supervisors.



They ditched me, however, by the time I got to my hammer curls.

Hammer curls are better with Texas on a t-shirt.

I am currently in the grip of back, bicep, and shoulder soreness, so I'm going to chalk up this morning's workout as a success.  My eating was better today, and I had a few wins that are noteworthy:
  • I sucked down those carrots again at lunch even though I hated every minute of it
  • I didn't eat all of the chocolate I found in my desk (surprise! I didn't even know that chocolate was there!)
  • I managed to not go on my usual evening Starbucks run for my fruity sugar laden drink.  Instead I had a bottle of sparkling water to keep my company for those 65 minutes.  I know what you're thinking--is this for real?  Shockingly, it is. I even surprised myself with that one.  A journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step, yo.
So I'm pretty jazzed about that last one.  With sugary stuff, I tend to get trapped into a lot of addict thinking where I convince myself I actually need to have that stuff and if I don't get it I will absolutely DIE.  But I won't die, and I didn't die tonight on my way home.  And I probably won't die tomorrow night, either.  I think I see a pattern forming.

And now for the pattern of "abruptly ending a post with learnings because she's really tired right now:"
  • I, for one, cannot wait until I move into my new house and have a workout area I can call my own. 
  • That workout area has a door to lock out workout supervisors, by the way.
  • In that picture of me doing concentration curls, I am using a 20 lb weight, which I have never been able to do before this morning.  A strength-training win!
  • I bet I can keep my "no dying" streak alive all week long by simply not detouring to Starbucks.  Yep.

Tomorrow's workout: A small-ish tempo.






No comments:

Post a Comment