Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, December 4, 2017

Day 2, Week 14: I have to go pack for my marathon, so here's some memes for you. And a lazy cat.

Did some Cathe upper body weights again this morning, only this time it was an upper body workout from her ICE (Intermediate Conditioning Extreme) series.  Male cat was supposed to workout with me, but I caught him lounging around instead of pumping iron.



I told him the weights were way lighter than normal since I was tapering, but he said he was already booked for lying around in my way during the workout and expelling carbon dioxide and taking in oxygen.




Cats.  You can never depend on them.

But you can depend on Cathe to give you a solid workout even with those puny weights listed in the picture above. Even though the weights are light, the exercises and number of reps are such that you will feel like you worked out.  Do I feel completely badass like I do after heavy weights? No.  Do I feel like I got a nice little workout that got my blood moving?  Absolutely.

And I am absolutely going nuts tapering.  I've already told you that I am way overpreparing in response to this taper.  Add the fact that this is an out-of-town marathon, and the stress of having to pack and get myself to the bus station and then make it to the airport on time and then go to the expo and make sure I get enough sleep so I can get up on time and make it to the start line is causing my nerves to go all jittery.  So the rest of this post will consist of the best tapering and/or marathon memes I can find so you can enjoy those pictures while I go start packing as a self-soothing measure.  Enjoy!











Learnings?  See below:
  • I like memes.  Memes are my favorite.
  • Male cat is a champ at exchanging gases.
  • I really, really believe that consistency is the key for training, even during a taper.  The way to develop a workout habit is to make it a nonnegotiable part of your day.
  • Even though I lifted puny weights this morning, my shoulders and back are feeling it right now.
  • I'm going to panic about hitting my goal time while I pack tonight.  FYI.


Tomorrow's workout: Only a 6 x 400m speed session tomorrow.  What will I do with all my free time in the morning?



No comments:

Post a Comment