Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas! I ate like crap today!

I'd like to start this post by first saying Merry Christmas in my  "ex-high-school-science-teacher" kind of way:



And next I'd like to say how freaking sore my legs are from yesterday's workout.  I just may have overdid it.

I'm still deciding whether or not I want to run at all today; if I do it's going to be on my treadmill because a) it's cold b) it's dark and c) I miss my treadmill.  If I end up hopping on the machine to nowhere, it will be for an easy three miles just to keep the working out streak alive.

Until then, let's talk about the horror show that was my eating today.

Well, I guess it wasn't that bad.  But boy, could it have been better.  It started out OK with my oatmeal, my little health muffin, and my carrots + string cheese + PBJ for lunch, but after we started opening presents and I got all of the chocolate from the hubbs, it kind of went downhill from there.  I had way too much chocolate today, but I did manage to cook a meal that contained vegetables--a broccoli cheddar chicken bake.


So what if it had some Grands biscuits as a base.  Don't judge me.

Anyway, I also had some stuffing and then some of my PB pie, because Christmas.  Not exactly eating 80/20 as is recommended, but I fully plan on getting my act together tomorrow and the rest of the week, since I have to work and I will be far, far away from temptation.  Well, at least I will be when I'm at work.

Learnings:

  • I'm fine about not working out today.  Really.  Maybe.
  • Everything I ate today was really, really good.  And worth it.
  • Tomorrow I will share my motivation never to ever eat like this again.


Tomorrow's workout: We'll try that speed work that was one tap for today tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment