Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, January 6, 2018

A lazy short post about a not-so-lazy 13 mile treadmill run.


Hubbs has canceled all outdoor running for me as long as it's below zero.


He is so unreasonable; he acts like it's all chaos out there just because it's cold.


But it's not.  It's just an increased risk of a little frostbite.  Hubbs always overreacts.

Anyway, since I couldn't go outside and run and I had a ton to do today, I decided to get up at my normal wakeup time and get those miles in on the treadmill at 5-ish AM. 

5 AM SUCKERS.  Only I'm really the sucker.

The animals were a little weirded out.

You're going running instead of playing with us at 4 AM
and waking up Dad?

Weirdo Hyooman.  Go back to bed.  It's Saturday.

But I didn't let freaked out animals stop me from getting my first long run done on the training plan.  My strategy was the same as last weekend - do one easy mile followed by 2 faster miles.  That way my brain can split the workout into smaller chunks (4, to be precise for this morning with a mile easy as a cool down) so it can fool itself into running in place for 2 hours without realizing that's what it's doing.  It worked well, especially since I popped in a good movie (Hidden Figures) to watch during the run.


Afterwards, I was pretty impressed with myself-not only for making it through all the miles, but getting up that early on a Saturday and, you know, not farting around for hours before actually doing the run.  Although full disclosure:  I promised myself Starbucks if I finished all 13 miles.  And I always keep my promises.



I was so impressed with myself about this run that I let Squiggy (our female judgy cat from the picture above) know I had done all 13 miles:

The big one-THREE baby

But she was busy and couldn't be bothered.




Learnings?  Yeah, here are a few:


  • It was a busy day of running and errands and working on my new house, so a few pictures and sentences are all you get today.
  • I was impressed that I did that entire run-and I only had to stop two times for pit stops.
  • I had to re-take my "one-three" picture after I realized I was really making a "three-one" for everyone instead.
  • Squiggy needs a lot of rest because, after all, she has to deal with this stupid human all day.


Tomorrow's workout: Upper body weight-lifting goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment