Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, January 29, 2018

Mile repeats? Put on a happy face.

It figures that mile repeats, my most hated speed workout, comes up after my sickness and my not running because of the sickness and my whining calves.

It freaking figures.

But I still got up and put on a happy face before I hopped on the treadmill to embrace the pain.



The happy face didn't last long.  Well, it lasted through the warm-up, where my calves screamed at me at every step.  But I decided to do as much as I could, even if I had to later cut some of the repeats to 1200s or 800s.

So how much was "as much as I could do?"  Well, the workout called for 3 x 1 mile repeats, and here's how they went:

  • Repeat #1: Oh look I finished the first two quarters...only 2 more to go....wait--what's that ringing?  Oh, it's nature calling.  BRB.
  • Repeat #2: Ran that whole thing and my lungs only felt like they were going to die 95% of the time instead of 100%.
  • Repeat #3: OK, last one...I got this...only a 1200 more to go....*ring* *ring* Nature....is that you again?!?


Buh.  This workout is what it is.  Or what it was, I guess, since it was in the past. Specifically, it was the cause of my calves being even more sore than they were yesterday.  And then I wore high heels to work because I'm a moron.  Female cat would agree if she wasn't asleep.  Or even cared.

Hyooman-this way I can't see your stupid blog
pictures.

Ready for learnings?  I know you are:
  • Mile repeats.  Buh.
  • Nature needs to get a life and start bothering someone else during their runs.  So needy.
  • Some workout is better than no workout.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.
  • I think my calves may be permanently traumatized. 
  • I also think my calves would appreciate me not wearing high heels to work, no matter how super cute they are.
  • By the way, I'm still eating my veggies.  And it's still all VEGGIES BUH.


Tomorrow's workout: Probably some of Cathe's PHA.  I think I'll switch back to the Strong & Sweaty series this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment