Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Some weights, some eating wins, and some useless supervisors.

Got my Cathe Ramped Up Upper Body on this morning, and since I haven't done this one in awhile I forgot how challenging it was.  I was struggling a bit on the shoulder presses during the workout.

Literally sucking it up, buttercup.

But it was a good thing I had my workout supervisor there to pull me through it.

What?  I'm sleeping.  You're on your own, Mom.

So my workout went fine, but my eating today could have been better.  Here were my eating wins and "whoops, shouldn't have eaten thats" for the day:

The Wins:

  • I ate my veggies.  First round was sauteed veggies, and the second round was some baked veggie tots I found in the freezer section that were basically compressed sweet potato-cauliflower nuggets.  I'm a rabid fan of veggies disguised as something bad for you.  I wasn't so much a fan of the sauteed veggies, though, as is usual.


GAWD VEGGIES

  • I ate nuts rather than my usual "health" bars today.  Unlike veggies, I can throw down nuts and legumes all day, especially the NUTrition wholesome nut blend.  You just have to be careful with overeating these little nuggets of nutrition, though, because they are pretty calorie dense.
  • I turned my leftover chili into a chili dog for lunch, with a Hebrew National dog and a whole wheat bun.  Because you can only have a bowl of chili so many times this week.




  • I really, really, really wanted to go get a Starbucks Refresher full of sugary strawberry goodness.  This was the original plan for the day, seeing as I had to pick up my groceries at Walmart and there is a Starbucks conveniently located right freaking next to it.  But I resisted the urge, especially after checking the grams of sugar in that drink online and being completely shocked by it (40 grams!!  Insanity).


Whoops, shouldn't have eaten thats:

  • I located a stash of Xmas chocolate the hubbs had stowed away and I am sorry to report that about 6 Russel Stover candies are no longer with us.  RIP.
  • The hubbs also has this ham and cheese and cracker tray thing in the fridge and I have been pilfering the crackers out of it and putting way, way too many in my chili when I have it in a bowl and not on a hot dog.

More wins than whoops-es, but my need to eat all of the carbs I come across if they are sweet or some sort of bread-like substance is still rearing its ugly head.  That's going to have to change if I'm going to lose the 9 pounds I gained during my last training cycle and get faster.

And my blogging supervisor had the best ending for this post, but he fell asleep on the job before he could tell me what it was.  My supervisors are useless, it seems.

Hyooman...you on your own ending this post.  *Snore*


Looks like you'll just have to settle for these learnings:

  • I got told today that I shouldn't lift weights if I was serious about running.  I told them I couldn't hear them over the sound of my guns going off in their face.
  • I'm off work for the week so it's been hard not to go into "free range eating" mode.  I'm trying.
  • However, being off for the week and not driving by Starbucks twice a day is teaching me that I don't need to go there and consume excess calories twice a day.
  • Hubbs usually does a better job at hiding junk food in places where I can't find it.  Because if I know it's in the house, rest assured I'm thinking about eating it.
  • And, just in case it wasn't clear enough: Veggies.  BUH.


Tomorrow's workout: A little tempo run - just 2 miles @ 8:30 pace.  Let's see if I suck it up and go outside or wimp out and jump on the treadmill.



No comments:

Post a Comment