Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Sunday, January 14, 2018

My long run resolutions.

I haven't blogged in two days.  It's because my job was crazy, crazy busy, and I basically spent most of my day and night at work and came home and promptly passed out somewhere in the house, hoping the hubbs would take pity on me and throw a blanket on me as he passed me on his way to bed.  I think he did; it's all a bit of a blur.  I mostly remember cats coming and going on me during the night.

Hyooman.  Stop hogging my chair.

It was so crazy busy that I took the day off from productivity completely yesterday.  And when I say "completely" I mean "sat on the couch and read nothing by scary creepypastas all freaking day long and only got up to eat and use the bathroom."  My brain had been running on overdrive, and it needed to go sit in park for a while, scaring the crap out of itself and definitely not thinking about work.  I had a long run (15 miles) scheduled for yesterday, and I even got my running duds on to go do it, too:



But then I sat back down on the couch and started reading scary stories and that run got rescheduled for today when I realized it was 9 PM and I still hadn't done it.  So of course I got into my PJs and read more creepypastas until 1 AM.  Because I can stay up late and do that rather than a run, apparently.  Male cat was incredibly judgy about the whole thing.

Hyooman.  Quitter.

I did manage to do that 15 miler today, but I had to treadmill it due to negative wind chills.  Here's how it ended up:


I helpfully circled the fact that the run was on the treadmill for you.  You're welcome.

Anyway, I nailed the pace I was supposed to go, but holy cow this was an incredibly frustrating run.  And the worst part about that frustration was that it was all my fault because I had set myself up for that frustration.  And way too many trips to the bathroom.  Because of this run, I set some running resolutions for all my runs heretoforthwith so I won't have to go through what I went through today.  What did I go through, you ask?  Read my resolutions below to find out.

My 2018 Running Resolutions So I Will Reduce Any Running Misery That May Occur That Would Be From Me Being An Idiot Before The Run:


1) Get my weekend runs done as early in the morning as possible.  The later I wait, the more my motivation disappears and then I open up a web page of scary stories and then it's all "Run?  What run?  It's too late to run now."

2) No red meat the night before.  Ever.

3) Stop with the mental self-sabotage of "OMG I have to run ALL THOSE MILES on the treadmill??? I WILL NEVER MAKE IT"

4) Always have the movie you want to watch on your Kindle downloaded before the run starts so you don't have yet another excuse besides scary stories to cancel your run on the day you're supposed to do it.

5) Under no circumstances will I ever, EVER eat Atkins candies that contain sugar alcohols before any run ever, unless I want to make 7 trips to the bathroom like I did tonight.


I guess what's important is that the run got done.  And that the dog kept trying to photobomb my post-run pic.



What's also important is that I watched Wonder Woman during the run and I wanted to kick some serious patootie afterwards.  That is, if my legs weren't so tired and I wasn't so sweaty.



And learnings are important, too:

  • Seriously, you'd think I would have learned my lesson about the sugar alcohols and bathroom visit frequency thing by now.
  • While I was alternating between running and bathrooming, small dog was doing this.


"At least you get to go inside, Mom."

  • My eating was pretty good, by the way.  Been eating my veggies twice a day and I discovered these are FREAKING AMAZING (they were sent to me in my Stridebox last month.  Or this month.  I don't remember.)


Large dog was not nearly as excited as I was about these
nuggets of goodness.
  • If only you knew how bad I smelled in that post-run pic.  If you look closely, you may be able to pick out stink rays.


Tomorrow's workout:  Upper body!  I may try some of my new Cathe workouts, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment