Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Four pictures, four facts, and a barbell: Everybody got time for this post.

Here are the facts:

1) This morning I did Cathe's Lift It, HiiT It: Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders, which involved a barbell for some of the shoulder and tricep exercises.  Those exercises were so good even female cat couldn't stay away from this workout.


Hyooman...weights on barbell puny.  So disappointing.


2) Female cat may be correct about my puniness.  The shoulder press/upright row superset combo (which, as I remind everyone, was done for three sets in a row) was kind of killing me this morning, even with only 30 pounds on the bar.

My shoulders were making the same face.

3) I must have gotten a good burn, though, because I was pretty much ravenous all day.  I would eat something and then 5 minutes later my stomach was all, "Did you feed me?  I can't tell."  However, I did manage to turn down a scrumptious-looking cupcake and avoid buying that huge bag of organic gummi bears at the gas station after work when I went in to try and get a reasonably healthy dessert-like substance, so those were my eating wins for the day.  That and I got to eat my granola bar in my office with my medals to keep me company.

I should get a medal for not buying those gummi bears.

4) Female cat is still unimpressed and looks down on all my workout and eating accomplishments for the day.  I just can't win.

Hyooman.  It never ever be good enough.

So few facts, so much learning:

  • Why is it when I do this short posts there's always four?  I have no idea.  It just happens.
  • Those gummi bears were organic...doesn't that cancel out the calories?  Or something?
  • For those of you that say you can't do workout DVDs because you have no space in your house...did you notice that my barbell will hit the ceiling fan if I'm not careful?  And that I do that with a couch, cat tree, and stacks of really bad B-level DVD movies the hubbs yanks out of the Farm and Fleet bargain bin in the background?  You gotta work with the space you have.
  • Female cat talks big for a feline that flees panic-stricken every time I open a can of sparkling water.


Tomorrow's workout: 5 mile tempo run at marathon pace.  I may get to do it outside, even.



No comments:

Post a Comment