Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Who doesn't like a workout photo collage?

As predicted in yesterday's post, my calves were none too happy with me today and only allowed me to hobble about the house whilst I did stupid things like "vacuum" and "make dinner."  I'm sure glad I didn't need my calves too much for my upper body workout, which was Cathe's Ramped Up Upper Body workout from her Strong and Sweaty Series.

I haven't done this one in what seems like for-freaking-ever to me, and after it was all over I remembered how much I love this workout.  And by "love" I mean "I was almost screaming rep counts most of the time hoping the exercises would be over soon."  And I also mean "I loved it so much I made a really dumb collage of even dumber workout pictures, therefore increasing the overall dumbness of the photos by the mere existence of this collage:"




But why specifically do I love this workout so much?  Let's count the ways:

1) Every upper-body body part is worked until it's begging for mercy.  Cathe basically does giant freaking supersets for each body part (back, chest, triceps, shoulders, and biceps).

2) Dumbbell pullovers.  One of my faves makes an appearance!  This makes up for the damn push-ups she makes you do later.

3) Mmmmmmm BICEPS.  So many types of curls.  Also some Crazy 8s with the band to end the workout. Glorious.

4) Chest flies (flys? ugh) with 20 pound dumbbells.  This is something I never thought I could do until this workout series. I feel like a badass.

5) Imagining that one day I could ever look like Cathe or her back-up workout people.  I know it will never happen, but the workouts give me that nice warm fuzzy comfortable delusion.

6) I just really really like lifting weights.  No matter what those "runners should just run" people keep telling me.


Are you ready for the learnings?  Here they come:

  • My calves were making such a fuss I'm having some nagging doubts about completing tomorrow's speed work.
  • The only thing I wish this upper body workout had at the end was an ab section.  Just because I'm lazy and don't want to have to get out another DVD.
  • I mean, seriously - who DOESN'T like a good dumbbell pullover?
  • All you "runners should just run" people need to leave me alone now.  Thanks.


Tomorrow's workout: Well of course it's mile repeats.  OF COURSE.


No comments:

Post a Comment