Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, January 18, 2018

I have to post quickly before the NyQuil gets me.

Today was (still is) my birthday, and I am still sick.  I must post quickly before the NyQuil takes me, so here are some quick pics of the day so I can be taken to that wonderful world of sleep:

1. I kinda sorta did a tempo this morning.  Wasn't the 5 miles I planned on, but 4 total with 3 at tempo is the best I could do with my sickness situation and that fact that I got up half an hour late.  And only in my world is 3:30 AM on a Thursday considered "waking up late."

Human salt lick, at your service.


At least the animals got what they wanted from the morning.

2. Since I was super duper late this morning, I only had time to grab the bag o' presents the hubbs left for me to find this morning and take it to work with me.  I finally had time halfway through the day to open it to find a salt crystal lamp (I love those things), a crock pot recipe book, and Cathe's Fit Split series which I already have.  Twin sis bravely volunteered to take one for the team and take those workout videos off my hands so they wouldn't go to waste.

PURPLE

3. I came home to fins my birthday presents to myself had arrived exactly on my birthday!


Rock and Roll Marathon Series Brooks Launch 5s, meet everyone.  Everyone, meet the SHOES OF MY FREAKING DREAMS.

4. Those shoes cancelled out all the sick suck I dealt with at work today on my birthday, as you can see in the picture below which was taken moments after I yelled SQUEEEEEEEEE TIE DYE SHOESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

SQUEEEEEE


Sleepy NyQuil learnings:

  • Just show me a little tie dye and I'm a happy squee-ing camper.
  • Some workout is better than no workout.
  • Being sick on my b-day was a bummer, but not nearly as bad as the time I spent my birthday night at the ER getting EKGs done.
  • Who doesn't like salt crystal lamps?  I freaking do.
  • SQUEEEEEEEE TIE DYE SHOEEEESSSSSSS!!!


Tomorrow's workout: Gonna try me another one of them Cathe Fit Split workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment