Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Getting better.

Last night I finally got some good sleeps with this cold.  That's because I actually took medicine to help me sleep.  As far as I am concerned, NyQuil liquicaps are the best thing on God's green Earth right now.  Although it did not stop me from having weird dreams about kangaroos, aliens invading the Earth, and haunted warehouses.  Thank God those weren't all in the same dream.

After a good night's sleep, I woke up still pretty stuffed up.  Yesterday I took the day off from working out, but today I felt I needed to do something.  So I suited up and trotted outside for a very slow (11:27/mile) 2 mile run.

It was exactly what I needed.  (Although trying to snot rocket while you're sick and running is an adventure all unto itself, let me tell you.)  I am feeling mucho better today.

I felt even better this morning when I finally got ahold of my run splits from the duathlon I ran on Saturday:

  • 1st 2 mile run: 13:23 (6:41/mile)
  • 2nd 2 mile run: 15:23 (7:41/mile)


Holy schlamoly.  I have never ever in my life had recorded times like that.  My first instinct is to write them and tell them their timing system is all screwed up.

Remember, I ran this duathlon without my Garmin because I was so nervous I forgot it.  So I was totally running by feel on those miles, and basically my feeling was, "I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO STOP RUNNING NOW."  But I kept telling myself it was only 2 miles, so I pushed through to the end.  The issue with running the second 2 miles was that you have those weird bike legs and you can't really tell how fast you're running.  Well, I can't, anyway.

And here I was worried that marathon training made me all slow and stuff.  Still have to work on that biking though...took me almost 50 minutes, and that included the transition.  Oy.

As far as my weigh-in goes, I was up again today-146.8.  My body fat percentage went up as well, jumping to a 26.2%.  This can only mean a few things:


  1. My eating manifesto needs a complete overhaul
  2. My body is hoarding nutrients because I am sick and have been reducing my exercise
  3. NyQuil contains about 6,000 calories that are not reported on the side of the package


I'm going to give it a few more days, and then probably overhaul my eating plan.  We shall see.  Until then, I will leave you with a joyous picture of me on my last day of school before I embark on my journey as an administrator:


Gotta love that shirt, too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment