Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just a short boring little post with an ugly bruise picture.

Not much to report today, other than the fact that I am still annoyingly in the 146's for my weight.  However, my body fat percentage dropped from 26.1% to 24.4% overnight.  It's a miracle!  (Or maybe the scale needs to be calibrated.)

And here's an update on my bruised and battered knee:

'Scuse my cluttered desk.
Looks horrible, doesn't it?  But it doesn't hurt anymore.

I went for a nice 3 mile run this morning.  It was cooler and not so humid, and I felt better this morning.  Better, not perfect, as I found out when I tried to run a little faster.  My lungs were having none of it, and kicked it down a notch.  I wasn't upset, however, because it was just nice to run--and run when the sun is rising is always an awesome sight to see.

But I am nervous because I have a 10 mile race on Saturday.  It's the FoxTrot in Elgin, a race for which I have always been injured in the past.  One year I ran it injured, a decision I regretted for the next few weeks.  It is a scenic but hilly race, and this year it looks to be cool rather than hot, sticky, and humid.  I plan on running it at about a 9 or 9:30 pace, and then run 4 more miles afterwards to make it a 14 miler for the day.

Then next weekend I will run a 16....and then it's Ragnar, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment