Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Sunday, May 19, 2013

I ran a 10K and I'm sick. Bleh.

This morning I ran the 10K at the Rockford Marathon.



This 10K was a lovely flat course that took you right along the Rock River on either side and then finished with a nice downhill to the finish line.  I ran it.  I didn't race it.  I was helping a friend run her first 10K, which she did successfully.  She crossed the finish line strong:



Besides, I couldn't have raced it if I tried.  This chest cold has passed from the merely annoying stage to the "holy cow what did I just cough up" stage.  I was wiped out after running this morning (even if it was just 11 minute miles), and crashed for 2 hours afterwards.  So much for grading student projects; getting my oil changed, grocery shopping, and gassing up the car for the week trumped that.  Oh, and writing this blog post did, too.

My weight loss has kind of taken a back seat while I am ill.  I did weigh myself this morning (146.0), but am thinking this weight loss had to do with my illness.  I kind of ate a little too much today, but I'm not feeling guilty about it.  I'll feel guilty about it when I'm not hacking up things with colors from another dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment