Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, May 4, 2013

I told you I was freaking serious.

I cooked tonight.  If the world ends tomorrow, it will be my fault.  But, since the world will have ended, none of you can come after me anyway.  Take that!

After releasing my eating manifesto this morning, I went and made some dee-licious turkey chili for myself tonight:


It has kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans, along with turkey (duh).  It also has some cayenne pepper and green chiles in it, because I like my chili to hit me full on in the mouth like I was in Fight Club (food flight club?).  Seriously, I was sweating while eating this.

While making the chili I had the rest of my dinner: a banana and some corn.  I know, not what you'd typically eat with chili, but it's my eating manifesto, thankyouverymuch.  I had three small all-natural oatmeal cookies afterwards for dessert.

The rest of the day went OK.  I had to have a small second snack between lunch and dinner because I was out getting a pedicure and shopping and my stomach began to growl like crazy.  I don't actually feel too badly about this, simply because I was:

a) Freaking hungry, and
b) About to enter a grocery store which, when you are hungry, turns into a playground for buying everything that looks edible.

I was happy that I resisted the urge to snack on other things while preparing dinner.  It seems that I get more and more snack happy as the day wears on--something to take note of so I can head it off at the pass.  I think instead of a health bar for a snack in the afternoon I will switch that up with an apple and string cheese; maybe I will feel fuller a bit longer.

I am disappointed I slipped back into some bad eating habits all in the name of marathon training.  But I will be blogging about my meals (I can sense your enthusiasm) to hold myself accountable, much like I did with my runs during marathon training.  

I just have to remember that I managed my eating successfully once before, and I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment