Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Gravity Lessons

I tried out my new bike today (a Trek Lexa) in this crazy 90 degree weather we're having (I just knew Mother Nature would skip spring this year.  That *BLEEP*.)  My knees and shins tried out the gravel driveway after I experimented with my bike shoes:

That sucker wouldn't stop bleeding.
So now my knees and left shin are super sore from this thing called "gravity" and "my body hitting the ground and my bike hitting my body."  Why do I take up new sports that only serve to remind me why I was never in sports in high school or college?

Those bike shoes will not defeat me.  I will learn how to clip them on AND start pedaling forward at the same time.  Dammit.  (But methinks I will be using the regular pedals and running shoes for my duathlon on Saturday.  Just to be on the safe side of my knees; after all, I gotta Ragnar it up in the month of June.)

But let's talk about today's weigh-in.  It was up from yesterday, 145.6 lbs.  It was probably because I stayed up last night all geeking out in an educational Twitter chat and only got about 5 hours of sleep.

But even though I got up weighing more, I felt much slimmer today.  Skinnier.  Better.  I wore a dress today that, 3 weeks ago, I felt like a total cow wearing.  My eyeballs may be fooling me, but all of this eating real food and  sticking with food with brakes and eating green things called vegetables is starting to pay off in ways the numbers on the scales can't measure.  And just after 2 weeks.

Even if they are fooling me, I'll believe that delusion for now.  I'll take all of the motivation I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment