Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, May 20, 2013

Looking at all of the data.

I did some upper-body weight work today (Muscle Endurance by Cathe) because I thought after racing two races in one weekend my legs needed a day off.

For once I look like a real runner!

I have been concerned about my numbers on my racing bibs, but I have been awash in other numbers lately.  But apparently I have been looking at the wrong numbers.

I have been weighing myself while I am currently ill with this chest cold; today's weight was a 146.2.  I was so ill this morning that I couldn't have cared what the scale said; I just did it out of sheer habit.  After a busy day of sitting and scoring student videos I was a tad more awake (thanks, Sudafed!), so when I came home I got on the scale again.

Now, I know better than  to expect a weight loss between the beginning and the end of the day.  I started weighing myself in the evening to measure my body fat (my scale has that function) about 2 weeks ago, because I know you need all the data you can get to draw viable and valid conclusions.  When I started my eating manifesto, it read 25.2%.

Today it read 22.8%.

I know there's a margin of error with these scales, but there is inaccuracy with any measuring device out there.  But I think a 2.4% drop might be significant; plus, the drop has been consistent over these last two weeks.

Interesting.  I better start looking at all of the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment