Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A fast post about my too-fast tempo this morning.

This morning I was supposed to head out and do a 10 mile tempo at marathon pace.  Here's how it ended up:


As you can see, I did not get to 10 miles this morning because I farted around finishing my coffee instead of going upstairs to get ready when I should have.  But, 8 miles is better than no miles, people, especially since I didn't want to do the run at all because it was cold, windy, and snowing at 4:52 AM.  Since misery loves company, I dragged large dog outside with me and I begrudgingly ran this tempo way too fast as usual, as my target marathon pace is a 9:20.

Keeping the "running tempos too fast" streak alive, one cold dark morning run at a time.  Mother Nature called three times during this run because she's freaking needy like that, so that made the run begrudging AND frustrating:

The headlamp really completes the outfit and accentuates the frustration.

I'm also keeping the "I get up at 3 AM on Thursdays so I can be at work pretty freaking early" streak alive, so I will have to end this post rather abruptly with a picture of some of my animals doing exactly what I am about to do, only in a bed and not on the floor:

Make no mistake - the dog is dreaming of
eating the cat's head.
Some abrupt post learnings:

  • I stuck to my snack cut-back that I talked about yesterday.  Day #1 - mission accomplished.
  • Looks like the cat could cut back on some snacks as well.
  • Running in the dark + snow + large dog yanking me into ditches + annoying calls from Mother Nature = Why do I run, exactly?
  • No more learnings for tonight; time for snoozing.


Tomorrow's workout: 30 minutes on my beloved new exercise bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment