Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Yet another quick post before the NyQuil takes me.

I didn't blog yesterday because I had a late meeting at work last night.  But rest assured I managed to get a really bad selfie with recovery cat after I did Cathe's PHA workout.

Don't hate me, hyoomans, because I get da rubs.


Today I made one of the other members of my zoo happy by taking him for a tempo run that was supposedly at marathon pace.

TAKE ME RUNNING WOMAN

It was a little nippy out for a March morning, but we braved the cold and managed to, of course, run the tempo too fast.  I blame it all on large dog being generally over-exuberant about the run.

FYI: My marathon pace doesn't have an "8" in it.  At all.

But the run was, overall, a nice run, especially since I dug out a pair of fleece-lined running tights I completely forgot I had nabbed at a TJ Maxx and--you're not going to believe this--when I ran in them, they didn't fall down causing me to chafe in unmentionable places.  I would give the brand a really large shout-out....but there's no brand on them.  That's the risk you take when you get your gear at TJ Maxx, I guess.

The dog bed really completes this pic.

There's also a risk when you're writing a blog post hopped up on NyQuil that it will end abruptly because it's sleepy time now, seeing as this little runner is getting sick and all.

NyQuil-laced learnings:

  • I got this dumb cold from the hubbs.  Stoopid germ-riddled husbands.
  • Didn't stop me from running, though.  Because I'm a moron.
  • I just need to be better soon for my 20 miler on Saturday.
  • I also need to go to bed.  Nite, all!


Tomorrow's workout: 30 minutes on the bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment