Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Tidbits from the tempo.

Just some quick tidbits from the tempo run this morning:

Tidbit #1: I am a moron.

I had a ten mile marathon pace (9:20) tempo on deck this morning, so of course I ran it faster than that.  I do this because I am a moron.



Tidbit #2: Tempo math is hard.  So is getting out the door on time.

I said I had a ten mile tempo to do...yet I only did nine miles.  This is because I just had to finish my coffee this morning before trucking around my little town for nine miles.

And it is still completely insane that 5 AM is late for me to start running.  Insanity, I tell you.


Tidbit #3: These splits were crazy easy.

I was all "I'M RUNNING TOO SLOW I KNOW IT I BETTER SPEED UP" and then, when I looked at my pace on my watch every 3.2 nanoseconds, I realized I was running under pace.  Apparently I had to realize this over and over again for 9 miles.

I told you; I'm a moron.

9 miles of moron.


Tidbit #4: Large dog apparently thrives on cold weather running.

Large dog and I went for 8 miles this weekend when it was much warmer and he was all, "Meh. I'm done at mile 6, human."  Not this morning; even though it was in the 20s with an 11 mph really freaking cold wind, he was all about the run, wanting to get that tenth one in with or without me as he tried to drag me past the driveway to keep going after mile 9.

Large dog be like, "WIMP. SHOULD
HAVE KEPT GOING"


Tidbit #5: Speaking of cold weather, did you know it's cold?

The backs of my arms, thighs, and other unmentionable places that are located below my back but above my hamstrings were so cold they were a bright merry-freaking-xmas red after the run, so much so that the hubbs thought I had an allergic reaction to my tights.

I couldn't even run with my thumbs exposed to the wind - had to tuck 'em into my little mitten pull-over things on my Saucony Ulti-Mitts.  Happy spring, ya'll.


Tidbit #6: Some running tights are more aesthetic than functional.

So while Nike bills these tights as thermal, don't you believe a freaking word of it.


While these are in my top 5 favorite pairs of running tights of all time due to their sheer obnoxiousness, they are definitely not designed for warmth (unlike my RBX fleece-line tights which keep my quads nice and toasty).  Instead, they are designed to hurt people's eyeballs and, from the picture above, attract cats.


Tidbit #7:  I dragged the dog into a ditch during mile 8 for once.

I'm going to let you figure out why that was and head off to bed now.


Tidbits are over; time for morsels of learnings:

  • Even though I was tardy getting out for the run, my motto was to get as many miles done as I could.
  • It was nice to be done with a run and realize the sun was coming up.  I need more sun in my life.
  • Hubbs was all, "Those are some nice tights.  Too bad the only one to see them on your run was large dog because you ran in the dark." HILARIOUS
  • Even though large dog did 9 miles this morning I still came home to laundry strewn everywhere while he pranced about with one of my socks.  I give up.


Tomorrow's workout: 30 minutes on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment