Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Lessons from the long run: So much purple. And sweat.

I did blog yesterday, and I even posted it.  But then I promptly passed out from exhaustion, and never put it out anywhere on social media so I just want to thank the two people that read it according to my stats.  So, thanks to you two random strangers for reading the product of a very long and tiring week.

Speaking of long and tiring, today I long-ran it, doing 15 miles in the almost-spring weather we're having.  The first 8 were with large dog attached to me.

If you consider temps in the 30s "almost spring."

For once, I don't have much to whine about--it was a pretty decent run.  But, as usual, it taught me lessons that I will probably forget by next weekend:

Lesson #1: Large dog will never, ever give you a good mid-run picture.

"Is the camera behind us?"

Lesson #2: If I run after lunch, I will have to make a pit-stop at home by mile 4.  This is because I am stupid and always run after lunch even though I know better.

Lesson #3: Elbow sweat-pits.  WTF.

SEXY

Lesson #4: Purple running capris with side-pockets make the run better.  Especially since you can stuff all your gels in those pockets and not have to wear another belt just to hold them.

Small dog is entranced by all the purple.

Lesson #5: Who didn't think she could run a 9:45 pace for 15 miles but then went out and busted that sucker out?  This crazy runner in them crazy purple capris, that's who.

This moron!

No more lessons; what have we learned?  We have learned:

  • I like to take pictures in my living room about runs rather than taking out my phone during a run because, you know, I'm too busy RUNNING during a run to take a ton of pics.
  • I am a moron because I am shooting for a 9:20 pace for my marathon so thinking that I can't run a 9:45 for 15 miles is completely stupid.
  • Elbow pits.  Buh.
  • "Buh" is exactly what large dog is thinking about this post.


End it already, Mom.

Tomorrow's workout: Upper body goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment