Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Surprise! I eat too much.

This morning was a nice round of boot camp with Cathe, who coincidentally has a DVD named Boot Camp that I have done many, many times from her Strong and Sweaty Series.

5 DVDs of weight-lifting & cardio GOODNESS

This morning was also the morning that I took a long, hard, sideways-suspicious-eye glance at my MyFitnessPal food diary stats.

I see you hiding over there, you huge list of food I've eaten over the past few weeks.

And, after carefully analyzing all of the trends, extrapolating, interpolating, interpreting, and statisticsizing, I can only come to one conclusion:

I eat way too much.  Surprise!  Didn't see that one coming!

Not really.  But I have a few options now that I have come to that blindingly obvious conclusion, which I shall phrase in the form of a multiple choice question as an homage to my teaching past:

A. Ignore it and just keep on eating like a champion.  MyFitnessPal is obviously lying about how many calories everything is.
B. Recognize that I eat too much and keep droning on and on about it, admiring the problem in all of its shiny overeating goodness.  And just keep on eating like a champion.
C. Actually do something about the problem...like eat less.

While Choice B reflects more of my every day reality, I do realize that Choice C is the better choice.  So, how's a fitness-crazy girl who loves to eat going to eat less, especially when she sits at a desk most of the day and likes to snack while she works?

Cut out a few snacks a day, that's what.  Just like when i started losing weight, it's all about making little changes that add up to big changes.  Having the data from MyFitnessPal helped me recognize that my issues wasn't really my meals--it was all the little snacks I threw down during the day that were making the calories pile up.  So I decided that I wouldn't die of starvation if I have up one of my (too many) morning snacks and one of my evening snacks.  I also decided that I would slowly transition my snacks into more natural food rather than processed stuff pressed into a rectangular bar. 

Now here's to hoping this works because, disturbingly enough, I found myself taking those "cool sculpting" fat-freezing commercials somewhat seriously the other day.

You know what you should always take seriously?  This cat...

HYOOMAN END THE POST ALREADY
...and these learnings:

  • As a former science teacher, I can tell you data solves everything.
  • Well, after you analyze it and figure out what it's trying to tell you, it does.
  • And then it annoyingly and jerkily tells you to stop stuffing your face mindlessly while you sit in front of a computer all day.
  • But wearing that cool little Ragnar do-rag makes you feel all better.


Tomorrow's workout: 10 miles tempo in strong cold winds and 20 degree temps.  Yay spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment