Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Bladez Fusion GS II exercise bike: An ode in bulleted list form

This morning's workout was 30 minutes on my still new exercise bike.  And, after using it for a few weeks now, I think I like it.  I really, really like it.  Like, really really.

Love at first ride.

So, why do I like this little Bladez Fusion GS II beauty so much? Get ready for some reasons:

  • It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles.  I had a fancier one that had an electronic screen, a connection to iFit, and pre-loaded workouts that promptly broke about 6 months after I had it.  For this purchase, I didn't want all that fancy stuff - I just wanted a bike where I could simulate more of an actual ride rather than something pre-programmed for me.
  • It's freaking quiet.  Even female cat isn't freaked out by it, and she's pretty much freaked out by anything that makes any noise whatsoever.


Hyooman.  Leave us alone to bond.

  • The seat doesn't hurt my sweet patootie.  A lot of people complain about bike seats, because, you know, it sure isn't like sitting in a nice soft recliner.  But this seat isn't too bad -- especially if you wear bike shorts with padding.
  • The bike computer ain't fancy, but it tells me everything I need to know.  Don't need more than distance, calories, speed, and time.  Easy to reset after each ride, and it auto shuts off after a certain amount of time.
  • So adjustable.  The seat can adjust up, down, backwards, and forwards, and the height of the handlebars can also be adjusted.  This is a good thing where you have a 5'8" cyclist along with a 6'3" husband of that cyclist who sometimes tries to literally get back on the bike.
  • You'll get worked out.  I am always sweating like mad by the end of the first five minutes, and the resistance is such that it really feels like you're pedaling uphill on an outdoor bike.  Because when you're training for an outdoor race, that experience kind of helps.


The only thing I don't like are the design of the handlebars.  While the long bars are long enough so you can lay down and kind of simulate a ride on an actual tri bike with aerobars, they're too far apart and it feels all weird.  There are two shorter bars in the middle where aerobars would be, but they're like really short - not long so you can lay your whole arm on them.  Not too big of a deal, but I may have to grab a real pair of aerobars and slap them on the bike for a better handlebar experience. 

But maybe...before it gets to that point....I'll be riding outside instead!  A runner who is a wanna-be cyclist can only hope.


And maybe there will be learnings listed below:

  • The bike is an amazing piece of equipment for a post-really-hilly-marathon low-impact workout.  Just a little FYI.
  • The bike is also amazing for those mornings where you have to get up at 3 AM and only have time for 30 minutes of working out.
  • It's amazing that I am even posting tonight because, once again, I am exhausted.
  • The male cat is amazed at how stoopid the hyooman is that gets up and sweats every morning.


WHOA.  So stoopid.


Tomorrow's workout: Total body weights!  Barbells!  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment