Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, March 5, 2018

This morning's workout review: BUH

There's only one word to describe this morning's so-called "speed" workout:

BUH.

Didn't stop me from taking stupid pics whilst I was on the treadmill, though.


So much stupid in one picture - AMAZING

I got up 45 minutes late today to the hubbs asking me, "Hey-are you getting up or what?!?"  While I would have loved to say "or what" and slammed my head back into the pillow and allowed the male cat to continue to sleep on the back of my knees, I like having money to pay the bills so I got up.  And, for some reason, I was utterly exhausted and it was all I could do to get dressed and drag my tired legs over to the treadmill.

But I decided to see how many of those four 1200 m repeats I could do, so I started slogging away at those repeats.  And here's what happened:

  • Approximately 3,000 stops to blow my nose
  • One husband sneaking up on me so that all of a sudden a giant husband head appeared to the right of my head while I was deep into my 1200m repeat "can't hear anything with my headphones on" groove 
  • Two loud screams at being startled by the giant husband head
  • 1 male cat that kept trying to get on the treadmill with me and...
  • 2.5 trips to the bathroom

Like I said...the run was total BUH.  But better to have run and BUH-ed than never to have run at all, I guess. 

But maybe I should have just stayed in bed.  The cat, apparently, is much smarter than me.



I'm not that smart, but here are some learnings:

  • Seriously, I'm glad I didn't run at all.  The pace wasn't hard, but apparently the rest of my body wasn't having any of this "running" nonsense this morning.
  • Stupid fitness photos are my specialty, in case this is the first time you've ever read this blog.
  • Sleeping is also my specialty, one I didn't get to practice much last night.
  • You think female cat is mocking me by napping like that while I was on the treadmill?  Yeah, I think so too.


Tomorrow's workout:  Boot Camp with Cathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment