Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Monday, March 19, 2018

A short and slightly stream-of-consciousness speed work post.

So I am beginning to suspect that my training plan hates me because these damn mile repeats keep popping up right after a 20 mile run.  Because large dog had chewed through one of my socks while I was sleeping, I got large dog and myself suited up and we headed outside to do this most dreaded of workouts together.


Mom.  No amount of running will keep your socks safe.

Although this run almost didn't happen because I got trapped for a little bit under a fuzzy, large, slightly weird cat.

No running. JUST KITTY RUBS HYOOMAN

But, as you already know, large dog and I did make it outside where, just like our tempos, we ran the mile repeats too fast.  Evidence:  Exhibit #1 below, where the pace is listed on top of the word "best."

Also note 5 freaking AM...and I was LATE getting out the door.

I was supposed to run these repeats at an 8:00 pace...but no.  My legs went all crazy and large dog was all "OMG FAST RUNNING" and this speed work got all out of control, people.  It was so out of control my calves were partying well after the run was over, and by "party" I mean "causing me great anguish," which forced me to wear sort-of-cute flats to work instead of my very cute high heels.  Oh, the tragedy.

But my calves feel better now.  Just in case you were wondering.  And also in case you were wondering...those little dips in the middle of the repeats are the graphical representation of large dog yanking me into a ditch without any prior warning.

Like a jerk.

Innocent large running dog or Ditch-dragging jerk?  You decide.


And let there be learnings:
  • This short post took a long time to write this evening because I had to stop and handle a small dog poopocalypse.  This is my life, people.
  • Seriously...wearing those flats was the best decision I made today.  Well, for my legs, anyway.
  • There was just no doing this run on the treadmill this morning.  It was either do it outside or stay trapped under that cat.
  • Will I ever not run outside too fast?  All signs point to no.

Tomorrow's workout:  Boot Camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment