Running Collage

Running Collage
2019 Race Highlights

Friday, March 23, 2018

Mother Nature needs to stop messing with my long runs.

Despite the fact that I did not blog last night due to the tired getting me right after I got home, I was a good little exerciser and did 30 minutes on the spin bike Thursday morning.  This morning was a total body workout - Cathe's Total Body Trisets.




Like usual, I did the total body express premix where you do all the triset groupings but only one set of each triset (if that makes sense at all...sorry to make this like a math problem).  And certain body parts are telling me right now that one set of each triset was more than enough, thankyouverymuch.  Male cat diligently watched me to make sure I wasn't slacking off.

Hyooman.  Not good enough.  

So, overall, two really good workouts, but nothing much to say.  Unless you want to listen to those body parts that are sore from this morning's workout, but they're just a bunch of whiners, anyway.  Wait until they have to go with me for a nice 15 mile run tomorrow - then they'll have something to whine about, for sure.  But here's the catch about that run - it's supposed to be 20-30 mph winds and in the upper 30s for pretty much the entire day tomorrow.

Well.  Of course it is.  Especially now that I've gotten used to running without worrying about frostbite developing anywhere on my body. By the way, it's also supposed to snow a little in the morning.

Of. Freaking. Course.

So now I'm forced to make a decision about this run: do it on the treadmill, or do it outside on Sunday instead, when spring is scheduled to return.  And this decision is making me all bummed out.

To help cheer myself up, I will instead dedicate the rest of this post to National Puppy Day by slapping down some gratuitous pictures of my dogs as puppies.  That way we can end this post in a big old "AWWWWW" and temporarily forget that Mother Nature is messing with my long runs with her whole "OK it's spring wait no it's not OK it's spring again whoops nope here's some snow for you" nonsense.

Large dog was once small...well, smallER.

Using those cuteness powers since day one.

Hyooman I dog too my picture goes here.

Just some little learnings:

  • Some serious glute work in that Cathe total body workout.  If you think your glutes aren't firing when you're running, this is the workout for you.
  • Just in case it was keeping you up at night, I still like my new indoor cycle.  Spin bike.  Whatever it is.
  • I guess I better download a movie on my Kindle for tomorrow's treadmill run.  BUH.
  • Male cat really is a third dog.  And if I didn't put his picture up there he would have killed me in my sleep, I'm sure of it. 


Tomorrow's workout:  I'd tell you but I already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment